Each year, the PPSCC Stone Scholarship provides funds for up to three qualified PPSCC members to study with an award-winning pastel instructor in a hands-on workshop environment (which may be virtual). The program is available for paid PPSCC members with non-professional status (not yet won any national or international awards, not a signature member of any art society, and not represented by a gallery).
The fund enables the three recipients to participate in one of the following:
- Two Winter One-Day Workshops (awarded to two individuals)
- One 2-day Masters Pastel Workshop given in the summer and the fall.
In 2022, we are offering one scholarship in the form of one 2-day Masters pastel workshop conducted in October. The other two recipients will be eligible for one of the 2023 Winter One-Day Workshops.
The selection committee will review and select three recipients based on potential and interest in participating in a PPSCC workshop.
Recipients will be announced at the “For Pastels Only” Awards Ceremony on July 9, 2022.
How Do I Apply?
• Complete application form.
• Submit 5 examples of artwork via email. Work must have been done in the past 2 years, not done under the supervision of an instructor, and must be 80% soft pastel.
• Submit one-page applicant statement explaining why you are applying including your journey as an artist, your aspirations and how you will benefit from a workshop.
Email the completed application form and 5 jpgs of your work to [email protected] by June 25, 2022.
Named after the PPSCC former president and founding member Barbara Stone, this program honors the PPSCC’s interest in encouraging and promoting the development of skills in the pastel medium. The scholarship program was initiated and generously funded for five years by Barbara Stone’s dear friend, Nancy Remaley. Our hope is that this wonderful member benefit will continue far beyond the five years, creating an ongoing scholarship fund through future donations and fundraisers.